This quick and easy focaccia bread is great for a tasty lunch or light evening snack. Just mix the dough in the bread machine, remove the dough and shape on a tray. Add the toppings, leave it to rise and then bake in a hot oven for about 12-15 minutes. Serve with rocket or watercress.
- ½ tsp Yeast
- 300 g (11 oz) Strong White Bread Flour
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Table Salt
- 170 ml Water
You can use a wide variety of toppings to suit your tastes and supplies.
- Tuna – approx 125g tin
- Sweetcorn – about 2 tablespoons tinned or frozen (cook first if frozen)
- Pineapple Chunks – approx 125g tub or tin
- 1 Red Onion – thinly sliced
- 1 Vine Tomato – diced
- Measure out your ingredients and add to your bread pan, dry goods first followed by the liquids
- Set your bread machine to the ‘Pizza Dough’ setting (45 mins – Menu 28 on a Panasonic SD-2511)
- Once the dough cycle has finished, remove the dough from the bread machine
- Sprinkle a bit of plain flour onto a plate, drop the dough onto it and then roll it out into a rough oblong shape to fit onto a flat oven tray
- Arrange your toppings as required and push into the dough slightly
- The dough then needs to rise so place the tray in a warm room or cupboard for at least 30 mins or more
- Bake on the tray in a preheated oven at 220 ° c / 425 f / gas mark 7 for about 12-15 minutes
- Keep checking the bread near the end of the baking time and rotate the tray once for an even bake, you don’t want the toppings or the dough to burn but it must be cooked
- Make sure your oven is very hot to cook the focaccia effectively – the base needs to be fully cooked but not rock hard or burnt!
- Panasonic SD-2511 Bread Machine or latest model