This tomato, pepper, ginger & apple medley goes well with pork to add flavour and juiciness to the dish.
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5 mins
- Cook Time : 25 mins
- Ready In : 30 mins
- 3 medium or 2 large Red Onions
- 1 large Green Bell Pepper
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper
- Handful of Sultanas (approx 25)
- Piece of Root Ginger
- 2 small or 1 large Cooking Apple – sliced (add some lemon juice when cut to stop it going brown)
- 6 medium to large Vine Tomatoes
- 1 Courgette (optional)
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 sprigs Parsley
- 2 tsp dried Oregano
- 2 tsp Muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed or Olive Oil
30 minutes before the pork serving time, use the frying pan that the pork was cooked in and add another 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Add the chopped onions and peppers and fry on a high heat for approx 5 minutes.
Add the sliced, cored, skinned apple and fry for 2 minutes. Before it goes brown, add the lemon juice and stir thoroughly.
Add the sliced tomatoes and grated ginger.
Cook for a further 5 minutes and the mixture will become juicier. Add a little passata or tomato juice if a slightly richer tomato flavour is required. Add 2 pinches of Low Salt (low sodium) and the fresh oregano, chopped and removed from the stem.
Add the sultanas, cooking the mixture until the mixture is thoroughly cooked and the sultanas have increased in size. Add the sugar near the end of the cooking.
Pour the mixture over the Pork Tenderloin and serve in a pre-heated dish.
- Keep the vegetable mixture firmish, not sloppy. Regulate the heat to achieve this.
- Non-stick frying pan
- Kitchen foil