These bake-at-home pizza dough rolls are fantastic and so easy to make! Just mix the dough in the bread machine, leave it to rise, then shape and bake the rolls in a hot oven for about 12-15 minutes.
No need for a rolling pin, you can shape the rolls however you wish and to whatever size, and they should have a lovely ‘rustic’ appearance if you don’t pamper them too much!
I find it works well to split the dough evenly into 4 parts to make 4 rolls but you can make smaller rolls or one large loaf, just adjust the baking time depending on the size.
- ½ tsp Yeast
- 300 g (11 oz) Strong White Bread Flour
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Table Salt
- 170 ml Water
- Measure out your ingredients and add to your bread pan, dry goods first followed by the liquids
- Set your bread machine to the ‘Pizza Dough’ setting (45 mins – Menu 28 on a Panasonic SD-2511)
- After 45 minutes when the machine has finished, leave the dough in the bread machine for about 20 minutes if you can. If the kitchen is cold, remove it from the pan and place it in a warmer environment
- Sprinkle a bit of plain flour onto a plate, drop the dough onto it and split into 4 roughly equal parts (or to your preference)
- Roll each piece of dough in the flour and then roughly shape into an oval
- Place the dough balls on a preheated baking tray with a sprinkle of plain flour to stop them sticking
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220 ° c / 425 f / gas mark 7 for about 12-15 minutes – check the rolls after 8 minutes and turn over
- Keep checking the pizza dough rolls nearer the end of the baking time, they should just start to brown and crisp on the outside
- Your oven must be very hot to cook the rolls effectively
- You can use a rolling pin but after making these many times, I find the best option is to just be ‘rough’ with them, not shape them too much and see how they come out!
- Panasonic SD-2511 Automatic Bread Machine (or latest Panasonic model)
- Digital kitchen scales