If you love ice cream, you’ll love this Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker! We were given one for Christmas some years ago and although we don’t eat ice cream too often, it’s good to know it’s made with fresh ingredients when we do.
The ice cream maker itself is a Cuisinart ICE30, a modern compact machine that comes with a good-sized 2 litre tub. Simply freeze the freezer bowl for 12 hours, remove from the freezer then add your ingredients and switch the ice cream maker on. Your ice cream mixture will be churned to a perfect consistency without all the hard work in around 25 minutes. You can add extra ingredients such as fruit, nuts or chocolate during the mixing process.
Supplied with a good recipe book to get you started, you can also experiment with ingredients to create your favourite flavours.
The photo above shows our own Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream using the machine.
Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker Features
- Easy to use and easy to clean
- Good results
- Makes ice cream, frozen yoghurt or sorbet with fresh fruit and ingredients
- The grandchildren loved it!
Hints & Tips
- Put the 2 litre tub (supplied with the machine) into the freezer around 24 hours before making the ice cream to ensure it freezes completely
- When churning, the machine is quite noisy so try not to stay in the kitchen for all of the 20-25 minutes operating time. You can go and relax or do other things, ideally popping back to check on it every now and then
- You can make half measures by just using half the ingredients listed for each ice cream recipe
- Serve the ice cream immediately for a lovely softer consistency or freeze for the firmer version
Available from Amazon.co.uk