This recipe is for homemade vanilla ice cream, produced with our Cuisinart ICE30 which is a great little ice cream machine to have at home. The homemade ice cream is simple to make and delicious to enjoy although we try not to eat it too often due to calorific content!
- Serves: 6-8 (apparently!)
- 330 ml semi skimmed milk
- 250 g granulated sugar
- 650 ml double cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Ensure your ice cream maker bowl has been placed in the freezer for a minimum of 12 hours
- Pour your milk and sugar into a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly until the sugar has dissolved
- Stir in the double cream and vanilla extract
- Cover and chill if time allows – we generally chill for around an hour
- Turn the ice cream maker machine on and pour your ice cream mixture into the freezer bowl
- Leave to churn happily for approx 20-25 minutes, checking half way through to make sure it is not spilling over
- A soft ice cream is produced, ready to eat but if you prefer a firmer ice cream, transfer it to an airtight container and place in the freezer for around 2 hours
Serve as is or with fresh fruit, nuts, chocolate chips or whatever takes your fancy!
Hints & Tips
- To stop the ice cream from thawing too quickly, always try to chill the equipment you are using to store and serve the ice cream such as the spatula and serving bowl. This will keep the ice cream colder for longer.