Freshly squeezed orange juice is full of natural flavours and goodness. And it’s so easy… you buy the oranges, you squeeze them and then you drink them, safe in the knowledge that each glass contains no nasty artificial flavouring or additives, just pure juice and vitamin C!
You can buy large individual oranges which generally contain more juice and flavour or opt for a large bag of smaller oranges and just squeeze a few more. You can use as many or as few as you need but you will need at least 4 or 5 oranges per 200ml approximately.
We use a simple hand juicer with a lever arm.
- 4 medium to large oranges (for a 200 ml serving approx)
- Cut the oranges into halves
- Place in the hand juicer and squeeze through twice
- Continue until all the oranges have been used
- Empty the juice catcher every now and then in case of spills!
- Either serve in individuals glasses or in a jug depending on the quantity required